Client Centred Service Delivery Philosophy
Children’s Mental Health Services is committed to providing client centred services. Our clients will be encouraged to actively engage with our staff teams throughout the service process to maximize treatment outcomes.
Children’s Mental Health Service Delivery Philosophy incorporates the following principles:
- Children, youth and their families come first. We are committed to providing counselling to children and youth who need it.
- Respect for the uniqueness of each client / family member
- Respect for the values and beliefs clients / families bring to the counselling / treatment setting.
- Respect for the needs and preferences clients / families identify
- Appreciation for understanding and supporting the client / family within the context of their community, family, friends, social, cultural and spiritual beliefs
- Commitment to help client / families understand their rights related to service and support decisions, including the right to refuse or discontinue service.
- Commitment to a service approach that is strength based and promotes autonomy, skill development and quality of life.
- Commitment to ensuring communication with persons seeking and receiving service accommodates diverse needs, interests, cultural backgrounds and language / communication needs.
- We measure out success by out ability to respond to the needs of children, youth, families and the communities we serve.
- As inspiration is the key, we recognize and rely on “best practice” to make a difference in the lives of children and youth.
- Collaboration is critical. The staff work together as a team to engage children, youth and their families in all aspects of service. Through the exchange of information and experiences, we are able to develop skills, enhance understandings, and co-create a plan to strengthen the mental health of children and youth.
- To build knowledge networks we seek to develop and maintain alliances with community partners in order to provide children, youth and their families with a well co-ordinated service system.
Communication with Clients
Our staff are committed to taking all necessary precautions to protect client confidentiality.
In order to ensure we maintain client confidentiality and privacy our counsellor’s will discuss with clients how best to communicate outside of appointments.
Counsellors can only use e-mail with clients to confirm or cancel appointments.
Our counsellors are discouraged from texting with clients unless it is approved by their supervisor. This is to ensure client privacy is maintained.
Counsellors cannot use social media (such as Facebook, Twitter or other) to communicate with clients due to the high risks to client privacy and confidentiality.