The Intensive In-Home Program supports children and youth 6-16 years old along with their family caregivers who struggle to manage their behaviour in their home environment.
Two considerations for referral to the program are:
- Primary behaviour disruption is home based
- Parents/caregivers are willing to have service provided in their home.
The program is comprised of three evidence based components:
- Understanding the child/youth’s behaviour (functional assessment),
- Skills building for the child/youth (emotional/behavioural regulation),
- Parent/caregiver skills building (application of management techniques/coaching of child/youth).